[geeks] RE: [rescue] OT: ADD - MOVING to geeks

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Jul 8 10:45:41 CDT 2002

On July 8, Fogg, James wrote:
> If ADD is a dysfunction of brain physiology, then why do most of the
> brightest people I know have the condition (myself included, but I'm not
> saying I'm bright).
>
> Again and again I find that adults with ADD tend to be highly successfull
> with either the arts, sciences or technology. My belief is that the odd way
> that ADD'ers see the world allow us to see the things that others miss.

  Some folks here know Jon Singer.  He performs gene splicing in his
house (no shit), builds VERY LARGE lasers of his own design, and is
generally one of the smartest people I've ever known.  He suffers from
severe ADD.

  I wonder if "ADD" really means one just has an overactive brain.  This
should be a good thing, but since it's different, it's BAAAAAD and
must be stopped.

     -Dave