[geeks] 4th of july plans

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Thu Jul 4 10:04:58 CDT 2002

On Thursday, July 4, 2002, at 09:00 AM, Kurt Huhn wrote:

> I agree.  I tried to play Syphon Filter the other day and, while having
> decent
> gameplay, it requires a lot of thought, and requires you to develop
> rather
> extensive 'gamepad skillz'.  That lasted about 5 minutes, then I popped
> in Gran
> Turismo 2 and went fast...
>
> --
> Kurt                   "What me look like, ricecake monster?
> kurt at k-huhn.com         Me Cookie Monster!  Me need COOKIE!" --Cookie
> Monster

I prefer a whole lot of thought in an FPS or it gets real boring after
an hour or so... The more thought, the longer I remain addicted... and
want to come back to the game over and over... One of the best and most
complex games like this was Dark Forces 1.  First game I ever saw with
floored levels... Areas over top of other areas... within the same
general level.  I also like lots of secrets... but I usually go get the
secrets guide since I don't always want to flesh them out manually.

Half-Life was great for complexity and story.... makes it feel real.
Sometimes really creepy too... in a catacomb... find a resting spot...
hope no more of those skeletal warriors pop out of nowhere and lop your
head off...sounds of dripping water.  (Return to Castle Wolfenstein)

-Andrew