[geeks] 4th of july plans

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Thu Jul 4 09:42:56 CDT 2002

I still have to get myself another copy of Rise of the Triad.  That was
one seriously funny FPS.  Levels were very boring and flat but the
characters and weapons rocked... Flame thrower charred people to
skeletons... then tinkle tinkle tinkle (musical) as they fell apart.
Guys running out at you deadpanning DIE!....DIE!... Some play dead....
some plead don't hurt them... they shoot you in the back if you don't.
Then of course... Shrooms mode, Elasto Mode, God Mode (an actual weapon
mode not a cheat... your hand fires fire balls while you run around
moaning), and my fave... Dog mode.  And Bazookas not only frag people
but their body parts fly very far when it happens... and it's different
body parts too each time.

Andrew

On Wednesday, July 3, 2002, at 07:46 PM, Tim H. wrote:

> I know I'm horribly out of date, but FPS has not been improved since
> DoomII.  I still come back to Doom when I want to play a non-arcade
> game, and I don't generally like Arcade shooters either.
>
> Tim
>
> On Tue, 2 Jul 2002 21:35:06 -0500
> Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:

-Andrew