[geeks] 4th of july plans

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Thu Jul 4 06:19:34 CDT 2002

On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 11:33:53PM -0400, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> "Tim H." wrote:
> >
> > I know I'm horribly out of date, but FPS has not been improved since
> > DoomII.  I still come back to Doom when I want to play a non-arcade
> > game, and I don't generally like Arcade shooters either.
>
> How so "not been improved".  Medal of Honor is a quantum leap ahead of Doom II
> as far as I'm concerned...

What I hate about most modern games is that they try to be arcadey and
shooty but they make you think.  If I want to think, I'll go and read
Plato or play Pontifex.  I play games because I want to have a blast.  That's
why Doom is good, Quake is less good, and all other FPSen are shit.  That's
why GTA is good, no thinking required, just drive around and run grandmothers
over.

--
David Cantrell | Member of the Brute Squad | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

       Willing to accept a lower economic "standard of
       living" in return for higher quality of life