[geeks] 4th of july plans

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Wed Jul 3 19:42:59 CDT 2002

On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 05:25:00PM -0400, Kurt Huhn wrote:

> Not necessarily, at least as I had it explained to me by several doctors and
> nutritionists.  Unchecked, my hypoglycemia could have spiraled my straight
> towards the other end of the spectrum and resulted in diabetic conditions.
> Diabetics can, under certain conditions, have hypoglycemic issues - though it
> certainly isn't central to diabetes.

The diabetics I know only have hypoglycemic issues if they injected
more insulin than needed for what they ended up eating.  At least that
is my understanding.

> I should qualify this by saying that my knowledge on the subject is nearly 10
> years old, and significant leaps have been made since then.  All of my
> 'knowledge' could be pure bunk these days...

If it is a serious problem you might want to get it looked into
again.  Mainly because there have been some serious advances in
treating non-injection dependent diabetics in the past number of years.

--
Joshua D. Boyd