[geeks] 4th of july plans

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Wed Jul 3 16:25:00 CDT 2002

Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 04:37:40PM -0400, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> > I have an intolerance to sugar.  I'm severely hypoglycemic - bordering on
> > diabetic.
>
> Err, I thought the problem with diabetics is that they tend to be
> hyperglycemic.

Not necessarily, at least as I had it explained to me by several doctors and
nutritionists.  Unchecked, my hypoglycemia could have spiraled my straight
towards the other end of the spectrum and resulted in diabetic conditions.
Diabetics can, under certain conditions, have hypoglycemic issues - though it
certainly isn't central to diabetes.

I should qualify this by saying that my knowledge on the subject is nearly 10
years old, and significant leaps have been made since then.  All of my
'knowledge' could be pure bunk these days...
--
Kurt                   "What me look like, ricecake monster?
kurt at k-huhn.com         Me Cookie Monster!  Me need COOKIE!" --Cookie Monster