[geeks] ebay jerk sellers and dealing with nonpaying bidder acusations

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Wed Jul 3 14:05:52 CDT 2002

Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> That guy I complained about awhile ago who tried to make me call long
> distance during business hours to complete the transaction is now
> causing more trouble.
>
> I thought I had resolved things by switching to sending him a money
> order (which he wasn't happy about).  Now he has filed a non paying
> bidder against me.  The annoying jerk.  Now I have to sort through my
> disorganized (and large) file to find the slip money order reciept.
> Will that count as proof that I paid?  Really it only means that I
> bought one.  It doesn't really prove that I sent it.  Anyone ever have
> to fight through one of these before?

Not recently, but once I paid by PayPal and some jerk tried to tell me that I
didn't.  Paypal tracks all transfers thogh, so he had to confess to getting it.

All money orders are essentially checks, and can be tracked just like a check.
However, a trace on a money order might cost upwards of $25, so be prepared.
IT might be free thoguh, it depends on the issuing bank..
--
Kurt                   "What me look like, ricecake monster?
kurt at k-huhn.com         Me Cookie Monster!  Me need COOKIE!" --Cookie Monster