[geeks] College transport

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Wed Jul 3 07:09:25 CDT 2002

Steve Haavik wrote:

> On 2 Jul 2002, Dan Sikorski wrote:
>
> > Bad idea: riding two-wheeled craft on ice.
>
> I know a guy at college (middle of nowhere New Hampshire) that had lots of
> screws sticking out of the tires on his mountain bike. It looked real
> scary, but it seemed to work on ice.

You can find ice-ready tires from most major motorcycle tire manufacturers.
You may have to order them from a specialty catalog like Dennis Kirk or JP
Cycles, but they're out there. Unfortunately, they're also somewhat expensive.
They're similar to the studded tires you can buy for cars...
--
Kurt                   "What me look like, ricecake monster?
kurt at k-huhn.com         Me Cookie Monster!  Me need COOKIE!" --Cookie Monster