[geeks] Tru64 licensing/availability...

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Wed Jul 3 03:35:14 CDT 2002

On 2002.07.03 00:29 Eric Dittman wrote:

> No, the only difference between an "a" and "au" is the peripherals
> that were shipped with the system.
I know.

> Any "a" can be converted very easily to an "au".
> No dirty tricks required.
I heared that the "a" has no opton in the AlphaBIOS / ARC to switch to
SRM. I think Bjrn Ramqvist wrote this on port-alpha at netbsd.org. See his
reply...

> All later model "a" and "au" systems had a Qlogic ISP1040 UW
> SCSI adapter built-in (although the SRM will call it an ISP1020,
> which is Fast-Wide).
I don't know if it is a 1020 or 1040, it Just Works. :-)
It may be a earlier version, since I have the earlier version of the
main board.

> It's a shame about HP PHUXing over Tru64.
I second that.
--

tsch,
         Jochen