[geeks] comments welcome

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Thu Feb 28 16:37:15 CST 2002

On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, s wrote:
> Very interesting. Another fellow in my squad went 92 hours. He was
> literally hallucinating for the last 10 hours or so, but wouldn't go
> to sleep. He eventually just fell over, sound asleep.
>
> I can't say there have been any permanent effects that I can tell.

I've had this running theory that no matter what, the brain keeps going.
It's a truly insensitive organ; How many of us have tried to stop the
ideas from flowing and not suceeded? My worse moments are right before I
go to sleep because I can't get back up and write anything down or I won't
get to sleep and I really don't want to go to sleep knowing I'll forget
everything I was thinking of when I went to sleep.

That and the brain totally ignores the body's wishes. How else do we force
ourselves to get out of bed every day....