[geeks] comments welcome

Will Mc Donald wmcdonald at orctel.co.uk
Thu Feb 28 05:20:37 CST 2002

From: "Bill Bradford" <mrbill at mrbill.net>
> > > You will be able to get to sleep but your body can't get into the
state of
> > > complete rest required for REM, or something like that.
>
> This is what happened to me for 3+ years, before I finally got on CPAP.
> I'd fall asleep, but would "wake up" (not enough to be fully conscious)
> every 30-60 seconds.  THerefore, I could "sleep" for 18 hours, but still
> be totally exhausted.

CPAP?

> Since I got on CPAP, I breathe normally at night, get deep REM sleep,
> and feel great during the day.
>
> Yes, I look like Darth Vader at night, but hey, I'm not falling asleep
> in the shower anymore.  I'll put up with having to wear crap at night
> in exchange for my life back.

Ah, CPAP, your face mask/breathing apparatus thing.

Since giving up caffine and cutting down on everything else bad (beer, salt,
red meat) because of my blood pressure I've started sleeping a log better, I
have more energy, I just generally feel perkier.

Next up? Proper exercise. Eek.

It all looks like it's helping though, last checkup my B.P. was down to
something reasonable (can't remember what exactly) and that was only after a
month of healthy living.

Will.