[geeks] comments welcome

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu Feb 28 05:06:43 CST 2002

On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 10:04:27AM +0000, Kris Kirby wrote:
> > You will be able to get to sleep but your body can't get into the state of
> > complete rest required for REM, or something like that.

This is what happened to me for 3+ years, before I finally got on CPAP.
I'd fall asleep, but would "wake up" (not enough to be fully conscious)
every 30-60 seconds.  THerefore, I could "sleep" for 18 hours, but still
be totally exhausted.

Since I got on CPAP, I breathe normally at night, get deep REM sleep,
and feel great during the day.

Yes, I look like Darth Vader at night, but hey, I'm not falling asleep
in the shower anymore.  I'll put up with having to wear crap at night
in exchange for my life back.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford