[geeks] bumper sticker

dave at cca.org dave at cca.org
Wed Feb 27 19:47:40 CST 2002

wazm at rm-f.net writes:

>> Woo! Are you familiar with the noise label "Hospital Productions"? It's
>> run by Dominick Fernow, who performs as "Prurient". He's done releases
>> of Sickness, Richard Ramirez, STEGM, TEF, Skin Crime, etc.

>Not really. A friend gave me some copies of Merzbow and Namanax, and a
>few others that are untitled. There was a pretty good mp3.com group,
>I don't remember the name of them though. (I need a better naming schema

Have you heard Lou Reed's "Metal Machine Music"?

How about Negativland or The Residents?

>for mp3s.) By far, dd if=/dev/random of=/dev/dsp is the best -- during
>compilers, you can hear your computer sing if you listen closely enough. Oh,
>and voices too!

I wrote a little script once that did random bursts of that exact same
"dd" trick, but with the spacing, it sounded like a dog scratching
itself. Funny.

------ David Fischer ------- dave at cca.org ------- http://www.cca.org ------
----------------- Live each day like the Triffids are coming. -------------