[geeks] employment(and the rehash there of)

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Fri Feb 22 00:05:07 CST 2002

<JOB RANT>
Heh... I just asked my CEO who the eff he thought he was.... he was
goading me about some of the crap that's going down and he's lying
about.  Telling us the landlord loves us... yesterday I had papers
served on me [their back-rent+eviction hearing notice] (the other guy in
the office was mumbling ineptly and wouldn't take them), and noticed
that the last person served papers was listed in the exhibit... so I
made a photocopy for my records knowing the guy took my name too.
Mumbly guy snitches so now $CEO's trying to see if I'm up to
something... calling me at night... then later asking what I was doing
at work when he came in ... my answer was e-mail... (meant to be... "you
know, the usual"...), but he seems to get all suspicious asking me what
e-mail this and that, then having the nerve to imply that I can't do
personal e-mail on company time... hehehe I AM IT here... , and I MAKE
the e-mail policy,  and I've never been accosted about something like
this (well once, but that was when I was $chemist working at ${pharma
company}.  I also multi-task fine, so I have all my e-mail accounts open
all the time, but that's beside the point.

The guy literally had the nerve to sit us all down last week and say we
were being turned into forced contract status as of that Friday, that
our healthcare was cancelled retroactively as of the first of the
month... (it was like the 12th.)  Needless to say I had an emergency
ingrown toenail removal today (no it wasn't actually cancelled because
they didn't get around to it... lucky me).

So of course he's going on about this and that like I should be grateful
that I was the only one getting paid and that they paid for my education
and I needed to initiate more... and he was checking to see if I had
done anything with the moronic project he had just given me with no
focus whatsoever... Well I answered everything honestly... but of course
at some point he decided he had no point and hung up on me when I was
basically saying that I shouldn't have to worry about whether my
paycheck is coming in or not and that I didn't need to be grateful for
that.

Either which way I've had enough of the lies and the sub-legal
dealings .... so I just blasted my "Take this Job and Shove it" while
driving home and applied for unemployment when I got there.  Lovely
letter they gave me gives me the perfect excuse... they technically laid
me off...but were "prepared to retain my services on a per diem basis
and that I should be working on a pre-arranged or as-needed basis and
was to invoice them"...heheh good luck for me when it comes time to
actually claim... nope enough BS.
</JOB RANT>
Andrew

P.S. Too bad I'm not in VA... we could make a rather scary admin duo eh
Dan?  Anyhow I should have plenty O' board tradin time soon...  It's
time to get red-zeppelin.crimson-assurance.net up and running eh?... :-)