[geeks] Hmmm.. xterm versus Mac OS X Terminal.app

Peter L. Wargo pwargo at basenji.com
Wed Feb 20 14:45:53 CST 2002

On Wed, 20 Feb 2002, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> [ On Wednesday, February 20, 2002 at 10:39:00 (+0000), David Cantrell wrote: ]
> > Subject: Re: [geeks] Hmmm.. food for thought...
>
> Meanwhile note that your experience with slowness opening terminal
> windows under Mac OS X does not seem to mirror that of other people.
> Something seems to be different about your install/hardware/whatever.

If he were the only one, I'd agree.  But it starts up much slower on my
G4/500MP than my iBook/366.  It's the *only* app to do so.

Neither system is running anything bizarre - they are both pretty vanilla.
IF you like, I will load OS X onto a spare partition on my drive and try
it from a clean install.

-Pete