[geeks] disk advice

Shawn Wallbridge swallbridge at franticfilms.com
Wed Feb 20 12:25:07 CST 2002

One year ago we bought a sh*tload of PC's. All the workstations had IBM
Deskstar drives, all the render slaves had Maxtors.

Overall we bought about 100 hard drives, evenly split between IBM and
Maxtor. I have sent back 10 (out of 50) IBM drives and NO Maxtors.

I will not buy IBM drives any more. We just bought another 40 machines and
each one of them has a Maxtor drive. We also bought 5-160GB Maxtor Firewire
drives and they are wonderful.

shawn