[geeks] observations and rants.

s at avoidant.org s at avoidant.org
Sun Feb 17 16:55:30 CST 2002

"Jonathan C. Patschke" wrote:

> and my previous pay) and get told that, after clocking out of a
> 93-hour-week I "really should start giving more of [myself] to [my] work".

What a fuckwit. Is he really as stupid as he sounds, or just
extraordinarilly arrogant?

> I also got told that putting family first after the death of my aunt and
> paternal grandmother was "an unacceptable error in priority".  In front of
> my entire staff.

What?! That's completely inexcusable. He wins the Absolute Dick of the
Year award in my book. I have to admit, one of the things that really
attracted me to the company I currently work for was something the guy
who hired me said in the interview. he was explaining priorities, and he
put it like this "God, family, <insert company name>".

---sambo