[geeks] All new hardware must have its sacrifice.

doctor obnox son of a bitch drobnox at visi.com
Fri Feb 15 11:34:42 CST 2002

On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 12:18:39AM -0600, Bill Bradford had the audacity to opine:
> On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 10:14:42PM -0800, Peter L. Wargo wrote:
> > Usual story, was in a hurry, and didn't look at what I was doing.  Nice
> > FX, blood everywhere, cut to the bone.  Hurt like an MF.
>
> Worst one I ever did was cut the top of my right hand while changing a
> toner cartridge in a HP Laserjet 4something (one of the big beasts) in
> college in '94.
>
> Didnt notice it at all till I looked down and saw all these little red droplets
> on the white printer...  looked at my hand.  "oh.  ow.  someone please hand
> me the kleenex pronto.."
>
> Still have a half-inch scar..

 Worst industrial accident of mine:

 Working in a machine shop, using a surface grinder, I managed to stick
 the tip of my left index finger into the wheel. This caused a deep cut
 in my fingertip, which had to be scrubbed clean of grinding dust with a
 toothbrush.  Ack!

--

                            "Safety Third!"

Eric J. Gustafson                                   drobnox at visi.com