[geeks] All new hardware must have its sacrifice.

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Fri Feb 15 00:18:39 CST 2002

On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 10:14:42PM -0800, Peter L. Wargo wrote:
> Usual story, was in a hurry, and didn't look at what I was doing.  Nice
> FX, blood everywhere, cut to the bone.  Hurt like an MF.

Worst one I ever did was cut the top of my right hand while changing a
toner cartridge in a HP Laserjet 4something (one of the big beasts) in
college in '94.

Didnt notice it at all till I looked down and saw all these little red droplets
on the white printer...  looked at my hand.  "oh.  ow.  someone please hand
me the kleenex pronto.."

Still have a half-inch scar..

The D1K injury will be healed within a week, it just hurt worse than it
looked. 8-)

stupidest thing I did:
	dead-lifted a HP Laserjet II (yes, the big heavy monster) from the
	front seat of my Firebird to the back seat.. and lifted it "wrong".
	I couldnt walk the next day; spent most of it in bed hurting.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net