[geeks] ViVa La TiVo

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Thu Feb 14 13:20:43 CST 2002

On Thu, 14 Feb 2002, Adam Kropelin wrote:

> > Sweet!  Another TiVo junkie!

> ...and another one! I tell you, this is the best thing to happen TV in a
> *long* time.

> Had mine for about a year. Added a Maxtor 80 GB which was the biggest
> thing on the market at the time. My friends make fun of my because I
> don't watch enough TV to take advantage of all that storage and it
> mostly gets filled with TiVo-picks.

Less of a problem in my house... we have myself, my wife and a roommate.
I'm always having to stay on top of it because it fills up with crap
my wife doesn't watch, and then my stuff gets deleted first =(

> My latest project was to add the TiVoNET Ethernet interface from 9th Tee
> which I then modified to do 802.11b via an access point. So now my
> updates come not though the phone line but through my cable modem, and
> there is no longer a Ethernet cable running across my living room floor.

I'm keeping my eye on the new TurboNet board.  Looks real nice (and cheap).
I'm going to be wiring the house for ether to every room anyway, so one more
behind the entertainment center shouldn't be a problem.  I do have an access
point, but it's also my cable router...

--Kurt