[geeks] ViVa La TiVo

Adam Kropelin akropel1 at rochester.rr.com
Thu Feb 14 10:22:45 CST 2002

...and another one! I tell you, this is the best thing to happen TV in a
*long* time.

> When I get paid tomorrow I'm picking up a 120Gig Maxtor to drop
> in mine...  Already got a drive bracket from 9th tee.

Had mine for about a year. Added a Maxtor 80 GB which was the biggest
thing on the market at the time. My friends make fun of my because I
don't watch enough TV to take advantage of all that storage and it
mostly gets filled with TiVo-picks.

My latest project was to add the TiVoNET Ethernet interface from 9th Tee
which I then modified to do 802.11b via an access point. So now my
updates come not though the phone line but through my cable modem, and
there is no longer a Ethernet cable running across my living room floor.

Woo-hoo!

--Adam