[geeks] Sun stuff on auction locally

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Feb 13 17:43:33 CST 2002

On February 13, Fogg, James wrote:
> I hate flamewars, but I will say that I thought the 630MP was a physically
> larger machine and I was confusing it with some other hardware, my mistake.
> The rest I will stand on, including the "no modern use" claim. They are very
> usefull for geeks and I would have great fun with one, but I don't see an
> aftermarket for them in the corporate/education world such as is seen
> for.... lets say any of the Enterprise series or Ultra series boxen.

  I hate flamewars too, and I simply don't have the time for one right
now.  But I should point out that, if you live in a world in which
something automatically becomes "obsolete" just because the
manufacturer wants you to buy a newer one, and you buy every new box
that hits the trade rags JUST BECAUSE, and if you have the endless
budget to do so, then fine.  But much of the world isn't like that.

  So, put simply, your statement is incorrect.  If you disagree, I'm
very sorry...but it's still incorrect.  Nothing personal, I hope you
don't take it as such.

     -Dave

--
Dave McGuire