[geeks] PowerBook

s at avoidant.org s at avoidant.org
Tue Feb 12 19:41:48 CST 2002

OK, so I got my new (to me, anyway) Wallstreet today.

It's unfortunately the lowest-end model, with the 233MHz/0 cache cpu and
a 12.1" passive screen. SO I'll uypgrade those tow things before
attempting to run OS X.

In the meantime, it' runs fine with MacOS 9.1, but there's something
funny about networking. I hope someone here has some advice...

Ethernet directly into my switch. No link. I configured TCP/IP, and
still no joy. But then I configured it again (all I chjanged was the
nameserver address, I swear) and it asked if I wanted to save changes.
Of course, I said. And lo and behold! I've got 'net!

Then I put it to sleep, unplugged the ethernet cable, and left it for an
hour or so. Came back, plugged in the cable, and no link again. What do
I need to do to get it to come up?

Thanks,

---sambo