[geeks] Sun stuff on auction locally

Big Endian bigendian at mac.com
Tue Feb 12 12:44:03 CST 2002

>Thank you! Is anyone actually going to comment on my question?? I
>need to decide what to bid on in the next couple of days. Or is the
>utter lack of advice on that subject a strong hint?

Umm... most of that is relatively unspecific but any of the real
sparc5s (not hte cycle5s)  should be easily upgradable.  The cycle5
uses (IIRC) a combination of 30 pin simms and 72 pin simms.  The real
sparc5s take special ram but its relatively cheap ($11/32meg stick is
the last number I saw).  The 630MPs are relatively large beasts but
they are SMP, take standard MBUS modules and 30pin ram.  Its up to
you how much effort/power/etc you want to put into this.

daniel