[geeks] Stupid people rant

Jeff Workman jworkman at pimpworks.org
Mon Feb 11 23:04:19 CST 2002

Stoned koala bears drooled eucalyptus spit in awe as Bill Bradford
exclaimed:

> On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 06:47:16PM -0500, s at avoidant.org wrote:
>> Hell, I made a sale on ebay in December. It turned out the winning
>> bidder was in Canada, and I couldn't just charge the standard. I
>> actually had to go to the P.O. and find out how much, then let him know
>> and wait for payment, etc. Instead, I just packed it up and shipped it.
>> He paid. No problem.
>
> I bought some stuff on eBay a while back, some old Bell Labs documents
> from the 60s.. I think the total was like $15.  I sent the money, they
> never showed... couple months later I left neutral feedback for the
> seller, stating what had happened, and she emailed me very apologetic and
> offering to send  me other similar stuff instead.. I was like "nah, dont
> worry about it; just forget it.."

See, this is what upset me. The money is no big deal to me at all, but this
guy was a complete jackass about the whole deal.  I tried to be nice, but
this guy kept letting on like it was *all* my fault, and even went as far
as calling me an "asshole" when I called him on the telephone about it.  To
me, this just isn't the way to do business.  While I haven't sold on ebay
in a while, I've had several smaller dollar items sell where the winning
bidder never got in touch with me.  I'd just give em a month, and if they
never paid up, I'd sell the item again, without even leaving negative
feedback for the non-paying bidder.  All I wanted the seller to do was say
"Oops! I goofed up"

I dunno, maybe I am a jerk about it, but this guy left a real sour taste in
my mouth.

-J

--
"No poor bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by
making other bastards die for their country." -- General George Patton