[geeks] Stupid people rant

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Feb 11 17:53:36 CST 2002

On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 06:47:16PM -0500, s at avoidant.org wrote:
> Hell, I made a sale on ebay in December. It turned out the winning
> bidder was in Canada, and I couldn't just charge the standard. I
> actually had to go to the P.O. and find out how much, then let him know
> and wait for payment, etc. Instead, I just packed it up and shipped it.
> He paid. No problem.

I bought some stuff on eBay a while back, some old Bell Labs documents from
the 60s.. I think the total was like $15.  I sent the money, they never
showed... couple months later I left neutral feedback for the seller, stating
what had happened, and she emailed me very apologetic and offering to send
me other similar stuff instead.. I was like "nah, dont worry about it; just
forget it.."

I dont get worked up over stuff like that.. Of course, I dont often spend
more than $100 on items from eBay anyway.. I think the last expensive thing
I bought was the Mavica FD-51 digital camera (god, I miss it; someone stole
it out of Amy's car about a year ago) that I got for $150 back in '99.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net