[geeks] recieved from a co-worker

Julius Sridhar vance at ikickass.org
Mon Feb 11 13:48:45 CST 2002

On Mon, 11 Feb 2002, Big Endian wrote:

> >Some cool info about the GeForce4 Ti:
> >
> >The GeForce4 Ti can render about 100 dinosaurs with the same level of
> >complexity as what was seen in the motion picture Jurassic Park at 30
> >frames per second.
>
> Belive it when I see it.

This is bullshit.  nVidia lies about their cards.  The 3DLabs Wildcat 4210
can't do this, and it's a *good deal* quicker than the GeForce4.

> >8 of the new chips have more geometry power than all of the 3dfx
> >Voodoo1-based graphics cards ever shipped.
>
> Voodoo1s were texturing accelerators, they didn't have much geometry power.

They didn't have *any* geometry power.

> >A single GeForce4 chip sports more floating point calculation ability
> >than
> >existed on the entire planet in 1985.
>
> This is possible but not a great feat I would think.

I don't think this is even possible.  It would be saying that the GeForce4
could outrun a Cray 2.

> >Over a trillion ops per second.
>
> Again, I'd like to see this.

This might be a trillion NOPs/s or something stupid like that.

> >10 times the power of the SGI nFinite Reality when it was first
> >introduced
> >($500,000).
>
> Umm... is this supposed to be Reality Engine?  or Infinite Reality?
> IR is a *DAMN* powerful set, far more powerful than any PC video card
> I've seen.

This is bullshit.  The only cards that would give an IR a run for it's
money that I've seen are the IBM RGB528VV and IBM RGB512VV and *maybe* the
3DLabs Oxygen GVX420 (unlikely).

Peace...  Sridhar