[geeks] recieved from a co-worker

Big Endian bigendian at mac.com
Mon Feb 11 09:35:54 CST 2002

>Recieved the following diatribe from a co-worker.  Thoughts?
>
>I already submitted my take on it, but I'm interested in what other
>folks "in the know" have to say.
>
>Kurt

>Some cool info about the GeForce4 Ti:
>
>The GeForce4 Ti can render about 100 dinosaurs with the same level of
>complexity as what was seen in the motion picture Jurassic Park at 30
>frames per second.

Belive it when I see it.

>8 of the new chips have more geometry power than all of the 3dfx
>Voodoo1-based graphics cards ever shipped.

Voodoo1s were texturing accelerators, they didn't have much geometry power.

>A single GeForce4 chip sports more floating point calculation ability
>than
>existed on the entire planet in 1985.

This is possible but not a great feat I would think.

>Over a trillion ops per second.

Again, I'd like to see this.

>10 times the power of the SGI nFinite Reality when it was first
>introduced
>($500,000).

Umm... is this supposed to be Reality Engine?  or Infinite Reality?
IR is a *DAMN* powerful set, far more powerful than any PC video card
I've seen.

daniel