[geeks] recieved from a co-worker

Peter Street peter.street at lazerfx.co.uk
Mon Feb 11 12:39:05 CST 2002

> Nice, but who *needs* that kind of power?  I have a GeForce 2MX in my
> machine, and I cant think of anything I'd need to upgrade for.  The
2MX
> runs great with the games I play.  I'm more a fan of playability and
> entertainment than "you can see the pores on the other guy's skin".
>
> Bill

I quite agree.  I've got a #60 (GBP) Hercules KryoII graphics card.  It
runs 3DMark 2000 demo brilliantly - I've never seen water look so real,
it's almost scary.  But I don't want more than that - it runs everything
I've thrown at it at 1024x768x32bit at a reasonable playing rate, so why
upgrade?

Unless, of course, you are a figures nutter...

Peter Street
Web Developer / Manager
LazerFX Productions
www.lazerfx.co.uk (Under Construction)