[geeks] Dave M lives in an interesting town

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Feb 5 10:51:34 CST 2002

On February 5, Tom Borton wrote:
> I know what you mean about DC - I moved here by choice because of the
> cultural diversity, but all the news media seem to do is stereotype it
> by geography (this quadrant of DC has this set of characteristicss, that
> suburban county has that set).  Blech!

  I enjoyed the cultural diversity in terms of good ethnic food.  Over
the nine years I lived there, I learned that the rest of it can be
summed up by the one line I've heard screamed at me many times while
driving to REACH that good ethnic food:

  "WHITE MUTHA FUCKA!"

  It doesn't matter that I've worked through most of my prejudices.
Because they haven't.  I like the food...but not THAT much.

     -Dave

--
Dave McGuire