[geeks] Linuxbierwanderung 2002

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Sat Feb 2 03:10:46 CST 2002

On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 03:14:13PM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:
> On February 1, David Cantrell wrote:
> > The venue for this year's Linuxbierwanderung has been decided.  It will
> > be based in the village of Doolin, Co. Clare, Ireland.  See
> > http://www.draiocht.net/lbw-ie/ for details.
>
>   "Linuxbierwanderung" looks like German.

The first one was held in Germany in 1999.  The name stuck.

>                                           I don't speak German.  If I
> were to attempt to interpret it, I'd read it as "Linux beer
> wandering", as in wandering around the streets, drinking beer, and
> talking about Linux.

Hiking as opposed to wandering.  And the Linux and hiking bits are
optional :-)

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed
 (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless
 series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary"  -- H. L. Mencken