[geeks] suggestions for a PC game box

Rick Hamell hamellr at heorot.1nova.com
Sat Dec 21 03:16:43 CST 2002

> BAH! show me the IDE disk that can keep up with my cheetah x15 sustained
> sequential throughput, random accesses, anything, there will always be a
> SCSI drive that will kick the ass of the fastest IDE drive, and make all
> of it's little IDE friends running away crying.

Yeah... sustained... The problem is that this is the PC world. There is NO
reason to put SCSI in one destined to be a desktop machine. I only do it
because I have the drives, and my FreeBSD boxes do double duty as servers
as needed.

> Just my two cents, about two years ago, i would have been one to say
> that SCSI isn't worth the money, but hey, if you have the money to spend
> on a good SCSI disk, Go for it.  If you gotta go super cheap, well, ya
> get what you pay for with hard drives.

I agree with you totally. But, it's hard to beat the price of IDE for mass
non-critical storage. That's what I was trying to get at there. :)

	Rick