[geeks] THE HORROR!

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Wed Dec 18 16:37:14 CST 2002

On 2002.12.18 01:02 Andrew Weiss wrote:

> I still think we should start our own case-mod site... where we rip
> the guts out of peecee's in cool cases or other useless computers and
> hack-in some of the new Terrasoft PPC boards or other homeless
> "real-computer" system boards.
Hmmm. I Striped the dual PPro board from a PeeCee ATX case, made some
extra holes for the fans, especially the CPU fan, mounted a DEC PC164
board (500 MHz EV56 Alpha), modified the ATX power switch for the PC164,
... and most important: I got the board + CPU without the special Alpha
heat sink. The heat sink of an Alpha needs two holes as it is screwed
onto the CPU. A work mate machined this two special holes into a Athlon
heat sink for me. The SCSI adapter for this machine is a NCR53C875 based
no name PeeCee thing from ePay.

Does this count for you as PeeCee to "real-computer" case modding? ;-)
--

tsch|_,
         Jochen