[geeks] THE HORROR!

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Wed Dec 18 09:21:58 CST 2002

Joshua D Boyd <jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 09:53:45AM -0500, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> > Thanks Josh.  If I were to do somthing like this, I'd probably go for
> > either the Terrasoft board  - due to the number of applications
> > available. However, that Dual RM9000 board is sexy for so many reasons -
> > even if it doesn't have any sort of disk I/O on-board.
>
> People rarely build decent disk IO onboard anyway, so what's the loss?

Ease of use, mostly.  Having an all-in-one package means I have less
hardware to troubleshoot when trying to get the thing set up and working
(especially if someone ther than I were to be the primary user).

> But, the Terrasoft board?  The Pegasos should have just as many
> applications if you dual boot between linux and MorphOS.  And what's not
> to like about running seriously unusually OSs?  Linux is too common
> these days.

I have nothing against MorphOS, I have no experience with it, so prejudices
against it couldn't exist.  I usually don't dual boot machines - I like to
have a machine that does one OS, and does it well, and has that OS always
available.  It's just gut reaction with about 5 minutes worth of pointing
and clicking - actually, not true, I read an article on the Terrasoft board
last night and was impressed.
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com