Cars in europe and the US, WAS [geeks] What is Microsoft planing with this?

Chris Byrne chris at chrisbyrne.com
Tue Dec 17 17:15:02 CST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Cantrell"
> > The Passat is considered a high end large car, entry luxury car etc...
>
> It is?

At least Volkswagon would like it to be ;-) Its still probably the largest
car most families would buy. Probably also the largest car most company car
plans would support, along with the mondeo, which coincidentally was
designed by the same guy. After he redid the passat ford hired him away to
redo the mondeo.

> > market that can easily fit in a fullsize pickup bed, with room left
over.

> Hehe.  I assume you're talking about the Smart, or the little Italian
> things that inspired it?

Yeah, or even the ford KA. Im pretty sure you could get a KA inside the bed
of a fullsize pickup.

>I'm tempted by the Smart.  Really really tempted.
> I don't need to drive much at all, and it'll be more than sufficient for
> my needs.  Plus it just looks so cute, it looks at me from the showroom
> like a little puppy yapping piteously "buy me, buy me".

They are cute, and sprightly round the city center, but useless outside of
it. I kind of think of it as a motor scooter with four wheels and a roof.

> > The best cars in europe for tall and/or wide people are mercedes, BMW,
saab,
> > and volvo. The worst are probably Alfa Romeo and Jaguar.
>
> Please sir, can I have a Bentley?

Please sir can I have 200 grand ;-) I would absolutely kill for a
continental T, but that's not gonna happen any time soon.
You know what they say, Rolls Royce is for people who want to be driven,
Bently is for people who want to drive.

Chris Byrne