[geeks] cisco router access lists

James james at jdfogg.com
Mon Dec 16 11:57:09 CST 2002

"established" adds pseudo-statefullness to a tcp or udp stream.

OK, I'm going to start diggin in on what you've presented here so far.

btw, I hope this is a 3600 class router or better. The commands are
establishing extended ACLs and that requires real router horsepower since
once you jump into the e-acl world you leave ASICs and run all packets
through software/cpu. Also, the order in which you build e-acl's count
since you want to permit or deny a packet as quickly as possible for the
bulk of the traffic and make more curious traffic wait.