[geeks] What is Microsoft planing with this?

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sun Dec 15 14:25:25 CST 2002

> Well, the new VW beetle is supposed to be extremely good for, uh,
> "Daniel Pinkwater" sized people.  Almost any car with power seats can
> be adjusted for folks with long torsos.

Unless you count getting into and out of a car so obscenely low to the
ground.  Physically, one might fit, but where will passengers go?  When
adjusted far enough back to be comfortable for even me, the rear seat
fairly disappears - now you have a two (or three, max) person vehicle
with no payload room - talk about not being economical!

Even the Golf and Jetta have better seating arrangements - but having
driven them, they are not to be considered viable transport for more
than two people and a couple of bags (IMO, YMMV).

> -Only- for the people driving the larger cars.  If more people drove
> reasonably sized cars, the people driving them would be hugely safer.
> In yuppie neighborhoods, it's almost unsafe to drive a car because of
> all the people driving Urban Assault Vehicles.  You can't see around
> them, they're all talking on the phone (which should be considered a
> criminal offense on par with drunken driving) and not paying attention
> to where they're going.  I really hate having to drive with big SUVs
> on the roads.

Yeah, but this is a free (realatively) nation, and we all have our
choice of vehicles.  some of us like big ones, others small ones.  I
find it humorous that those that choose the smaller ones take offense at
those that drive large vehicles for some reason.  Kinda like the vegans
(or whatever) that take offense when someone orders a plate of cow, pig,
or whatever.

--
Kurt                "I remember that I've got a solid base of worms and
kurt at k-huhn.com      ant eggs.  I puke like a hero all night long."