[geeks] tablets for SGI

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri Dec 13 22:52:16 CST 2002

On Thursday, December 12, 2002, at 04:13 PM, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> I've heard several times from several places to make wacoms work
> without
> paying large amounts of cash.  One that I found quickly was:
> http://groups.google.com/groups?q=wacom+SGI&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-
> 8&selm=3CD44984.4090508%40netscape.net&rnum=2

Bleah - the link to the drivers in the link above leads to a 404 :(

> You need a PC wacom tablet of the serial variety.  I haven't heard
> anything to suggest that there was any sort of USB support yet.

A little more digging, and it seems that BH Photo Video has the
SGI/Sun/serial retail packages for the same prices as the
Windows/Mac/USB packages (Intuos2 4x5 is US$189, and 6x8 is US$339)
Which isn't a bad price, if it has the SGI drivers.  Wacom's website
leads one to believe that you need a kit of some kind to make the
tablet work on an SGI.  When I'm ready to buy one I'll give BH Photo
Video a call and grill the sales rep for info.
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com