[geeks] What is Microsoft planing with this?

Rick Hamell hamellr at heorot.1nova.com
Fri Dec 13 21:08:15 CST 2002

> Ya know, why is it that so many people have such a problem with this?  I
> drive a SUV.  I do a a semi-decent reason for having it, but even if i
> don't, what the hell does it matter to you?  (just try to pick up and

	Because they're not environmentally friendly? They're not
regulated like cars are to meet certain minimum MPG limits. I saw a
statistic somewhere that stated something like "If every SUV on the road
today got 1 MPG better, it would save more oil then all there is" [in that
wildlife preserve that they wanted to drill... I can't remeber the name.]

	But... if you have a reason to have one - more power to you. Most
people don't though. I was car shopping myself recently... It surprises me
how low of a gas milege most SUV's DO get... my requirements were 15MPG
City, and 18 highway... none could match that, yet most every car and
minivan I looked at could. :( Even ones as old as 1995.

	That being said... I'm looking at getting a used older LandRover
for those times when I need it... :)

	Rick