[geeks] What is Microsoft planing with this?

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Fri Dec 13 19:39:12 CST 2002

On Fri, 2002-12-13 at 11:56, Yuri K wrote:
> Friday, December 13, 2002, 14:55:42 (UTC), you wrote:
> KH> There's more to life than some bohemian ideal of what people should or
> KH> should not do or drive.  Besides, what would I use to squish old x86 boxen?
>        No, I did not say what one has to drive. Choice is wonderful.
>        So, you say "necessity"? If you need it you pay for it.
>        It's like MS Windows for a lot of folks.

<rant>

Ya know, why is it that so many people have such a problem with this?  I
drive a SUV.  I do a a semi-decent reason for having it, but even if i
don't, what the hell does it matter to you?  (just try to pick up and
deliver a HP laserjet 9000 with 2k sheet feeder in a saturn, it doesn't
work.)  But weather i have a reason or not to drive it, why the hell
does it matter to everyone else?  Yes, it's big, i bought a big vehicle
because i'm a damn tall person, and many cars, while i can drive them
(drove the saturn for a while) are uncomfortable.  In my jeep i'm
comfortable.  Yes, it's 4wd, and at over 90% of my mileage is on-road,
but ya know, it's nice having it so that i'm less likely to get stuck in
a snow storm.  Yes, it doesn't get 80mpg or whatever the honda insight
does, but i knew this when i bought it, and i accepted the fact from the
beginning that i would pay more for gas.  However, putting gas in it
doesn't make me go broke, and i pay the same damn price for gas that you
and most everyone else in this country does, regardless of how much i
use in a week.  If gas prices go up significantly, i might opt for a
smaller vehicle that gets better gas mileage and still suits my needs,
but in the meantime, i happen to like my Jeep, and i'm going to drive it
if only for that reason alone.  If you don't like the fact that if your
civic got in an accident with an escalade that you might not survive,
then think of that next time you pull out in front of an 18 wheeler on
the highway, and stop whining.

</rant>

So, how was everyone else's work week? :)

	-Dan Sikorski