[geeks] What is Microsoft planing with this?

Yuri K koroby398 at ifrance.com
Fri Dec 13 01:28:45 CST 2002

Hello Jonathan,

Friday, December 13, 2002, 4:50:03 (UTC), you wrote:

>>              So, what's wrong with that?

JCP> The problem being that many government agencies and business stupidly
JCP> trust that damnable OS in "mission critical" settings.  If you think the
JCP> computer crime laws and DMCA are bad now, just wait until some wanker
JCP> overseas manages to cause some politician's paycheck to get lost.

         What's new? Don't think, - observe and trust your instincts.
         Can't change the law? Change the country. Just for practice.
         Market forces are constantly at work. Despite my MSFT induced
         vomit reflex, I admire watching them playing the game.
         By opposing a trend you support it; heavy structures like
         MSFT, NATO, Russia,etc. are prone to fall apart under their own
         weights, it takes time.  MSFT so far was doing majority things
         right for herself, there are signs of decay though: nearly
         everything outside of their scope of luck is bleeding money.
         (Looks like can afford it for now)
         A quick look at their Q10 for the last couple of years will
         reveal this. Then, inevitable squeeze in the profit domain is
         coming. They will have to re-invent themselves like any other
         company, and the sooner the better. And they can do this.
         Will they? We'll see. If they really looking towards 3rd
         world (!=third-tier) labour markets, something is melting
         inside the iceberg. If they spread disinfo - that's a
         non-issue. They used to hire inexperienced full of themselves
         graduates who need years of nail-breaking to get used to bad
         programming design habits they call 'experience', now they
         want to explore the Lands of Creative Resumes and Mentality?
         Big fart in their sails. It's fun to observe, there are quite
         a few other matters of concern, like physiological
         degeneration of human race. As for ethical and intellectual
         cycles, those are cyclical:). Until Black Holes come and take
         care of the Matter. Big black holes, they really suck.

        Western Culture has a few bright examples of stupid laws and
        their eventual demise. As a potential juror I know that I can
        disregard a Judge's instructions completely, history is full
        of the examples and the stupid laws simply vanished. Possible
        in only in legally developed cultures. I am fascinated by the
        respect of the rules of the social game by majority here.
        ("Here" being a few Western European countries I lived in and
        US where I live now).
        I am not talking about 18th Ammendment only.
        History of UK is especially very interesting in this regard.
        I still believe in superiority of day-to-day centuries old,
        distilled cultures over Systems. We had beautiful Constitution
        in SU, in case somebody missed this. More liberties on paper
        than in US.  Now, allegedly that is gone and they have the
        "real" freedom in Russia. So what? As Chekhov said: "Will a
        pig be a pig no more?" The culture of depressed anarchistic
        slave-volunteers needs few generations of _peace_and_stability_
        to evolve into more positive psyche, and that's a stretch.
        And few buckets of vodka per year less.
        Only fragmentation can help, and that's no easy either.

        "Leopard doesn't change his spots". At least, not in a
        lifetime.  Microsoft, ma ass. At least, Bill pays some taxes,
        so we could provide for aid to those who enroll in flight
        schools.  Dialektika, ma ass...

        I am not advocating sitting idle, public awareness is probably
        a key. Yet the public is fat.  I was thinking about
        printing "I support terrorism" bumper-stickers for the folks
        who drive those SUVs and crew-cabinned 4xR dual-tired
        airplanes without wings.  Next step is a toilet bowl and bidet
        in a truck, so we could call those shit-carriers accordingly.
        How about MRI of wisdom teeth before extraction?

        What I am really worried about is the educational system here.
        Even Soviet propaganda could not come up with anything as ugly.
        That's what really helps to breed those SUV owners who still
        don't a fraction of the 9/11 message.  Still, this country is
        beyond comparison, especially when you are fortunate to live
        in a small town west of the Rockies :)

Best regards,
 Yuri

''Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as
you please.'' - Mark Twain