[geeks] What is Microsoft planing with this?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu Dec 12 22:50:03 CST 2002

On Fri, 13 Dec 2002, Yuri K wrote:

> JCP> Hm.  How long before a leak to someone in Taiwan, at which point we have
> JCP> Windows knockoffs and incredibly potent viruses written against specific
> JCP> vulnerabilities buried in the fundamental ways Windows works?
>
>              So, what's wrong with that?

The problem being that many government agencies and business stupidly
trust that damnable OS in "mission critical" settings.  If you think the
computer crime laws and DMCA are bad now, just wait until some wanker
overseas manages to cause some politician's paycheck to get lost.

--
Jonathan Patschke
  "Albert Einstein nailed space-time, but the wild thing had him stumped.