[geeks] TFT-panel

Bjorn Ramqvist brt at g.haggve.se
Thu Dec 12 04:00:04 CST 2002

I've "rescued" a somewhat different item some weeks ago, a TFT panel
from a laptop.
>From the looks of it, it have a small (like VHDCI) 31-pin interface and
two white cables up in the right corner on the opposite end, probably
backlight.
The label says "Hosiden HLD0912-023010" and by googleing(?) I've found
that it's a 10.4" Color panel, and there it ends.

Is this completely useless? I need a some sort of driver-logics board to
get this baby functional as a monitor, but it seems like a
snowball-chance-in-hell to get datasheets for pinouts etc.
It was a long time since I delt with electronics, and even this is far
beyond my knowledge.

Any ideas? Throw it back into the dumpster?

/Bjorn