[geeks] What am I missing... (& blast from the past)

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 8 10:07:54 CST 2002

Hello all,

I found this SCSI case at www.computergeeks.com:

http://www.compgeeks.com/details.asp?invtid=14SCSITWR

And I am a bit confused - of what use is a 14 drive case (or 7 full
height drives, I assume), if you only have three connectors? Were there
ever any "double" or "triple" height drives made? (really, like tape
jukeboxes...)

Also, I dug up a P/75 (over-clocked to 90 MHz!) Win95 machine that has
been down since I got my DSL line, 2 1/2 years ago...

WOW - this is slow... I can't believe people lived like this ;^)
Actually, once you strip out all the cruft, it is pretty decent
performance... Oddly, I know it will inhale deeply if/when I throw
Linux on it, since it is so bloated... I don't even think this machine
has any L2 cache for it's massive 32 Megs of RAM (these days it is hard
to find a video card with less than 32 Megs ;^)

I can't believe this was my dedicated web browsing box while I had my
DSL line... (I built my dual PPro-200 machine in honour of my DSL
line).

Ah, memories...

=====
Lionel