[geeks] Apache problem...

Yuri K koroby398 at ifrance.com
Mon Dec 2 23:46:09 CST 2002

Hello Mike,

Tuesday, December 3, 2002, 2:27:08 (UTC), you wrote:

MH> (Oops!  Forgot the other specs.  The server is running Mandrake 9 on x86
MH> - the pages made with Netscape Composer.)

       That's geeky :) I don'y know the SpeedStreams by Siemens, but
       I had similar problem with a NEtgear 314 long time ago. It's a
       simple and reliable NAT box, the problem was a filter rule
       sequence. That was aggravated by the fact that you could access
       it from manager Console (i.e. telnet from inside the LAN) to
       edit it. So it worked upon SSHing to a box inside and
       telnetting into the 314. While editing this way keep in mind to
       from the last rule ascending, if you mess it the router goes
       into non-routing mode by default whenever it is confused.

       If you can nmap -sS yo.ip.add.ress and if it shows filtered port
       80 it may be applicable to you, if not sorry for wasting your
       time. In any event, looks like there is always more options in
       console mode even for consumer level gadgetry. worth
       investigating. I have seen a few rouers with correctly
       configured NetBIOS rules passing the packet to a malformed http
       rule that would come into play only when you try the port
       forwarding for the port 80.

       You could also take another look at your ServerName string in
       httpd.conf and see whether slashing dirs makes any difference
       at all.
--
Best regards,
 Yuri