[geeks] USB memory sticks

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Aug 28 19:10:14 CDT 2002

On Wednesday, August 28, 2002, at 06:58 PM, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> What do people think of these?  I'm considering replacing my zip disk
> that is fully loaded with putty, emacs win32, and other things I
> consider essential with a USB memory stick.  As life marches on, it
> seems that fewer and fewer new installations at school feature zip
> drives, while more and more of them feature USB ports on the front, not
> to mention the ones with ports on the back (which is just about every
> non-mac lab, and some of the newer mac labs).
>
> Plus, then I could use the Zip disk just for data instead of trying to
> fit both programs and data on it...

   I don't have one, but I'll be picking one up when I can afford it.  I
think they're a great idea.

> I really need to figure out how to make emacs understand the microsoft
> command line compilers.

   You're going to have to start dodging lightning bolts if you keep
talking like that.

       -Dave

--
Dave McGuire              "I'm willing to sacrifice my ass for the sake
St. Petersburg, FL                    of good food."    -Kurt Huhn