[geeks] Re: [rescue] miss me?

Steven Hill sjh at matrix.net
Mon Aug 26 21:09:30 CDT 2002

> I once walked into a speaker shop (hand to god, nothing but raw
> speakers, cabinets, books, grill material, etc.) - the owner was
> putting together a subwoffer - the biggest F-ing subwoffer I ever saw.
>
> Imagine a 30" woofer.
>
> That is what I said.

I was rigging for fresher's week at Edinburgh uni.
As Tech rep, it was my job to oversee all the tech related stuff,
hired or otherwise.

A well known sound engineer was overseeing his PA being installed.

Two security guys are putting in ear plugs walking through the top
floor venue.

"Hahahaha!" says he, "those are no match for 6kW of sub bass.

I then wet myself laughing. Well, almost.

S.

--
Steven J. Hill
Systems Administrator