[geeks] Sun Blade 2000 Workstations

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Aug 21 16:27:04 CDT 2002

On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 11:04:54AM -0700, Gary Nichols wrote:
> How can sun justify charging $10k-$20k for a workstation like the Blade
> 2000?  I've looked the specs up and down, and I just don't see it.
> Is the processor made out of solid gold?  :-)

Most people who buy Blade 2Ks *arent* going to pay full list price off
the Sun web store.

I've got a Blade 1000, with the first-rev 900Mhz CPU.  It SCREAMS, but
I wouldnt pay $10K for it.

Only difference between the B1K and B2K is the front panel and motherboard
support for the Cu-based CPUs (US-III+, versus US-III).

Bill

--
bill bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net