[geeks] '88 Toyota MR2 T-bar... comments?

Jonathan Eisch jeisch at boku.net
Fri Aug 9 15:06:05 CDT 2002

On Friday, August 9, 2002, at 02:52  PM, Fogg, James wrote:
> Well, it IS a toyota. Toys rarely make you hate them.
I've never had problems with our Toyota...

> They are generally considered a chicks car, especially with its penis
> shifter (I've seen them, but don't know what years had them - they were
> clearly phallic in a dildoesque way with a bulbous head, er knob).

as I said, this is an automatic, and the selector isn't much different
from any other center console selector, square cross section...  You
would have to be a bit imaginative to make this comparison.  (but then;
some people see /them/ 'everywhere'...)

> I always thought this car should be more exciting than it really is.

When I took it for a test drive, I took some corners quick enough to say
"I usually don't drive it like this."  *shrug*  I'm 18 and I have to pay
insurance.  It's as much fun as you can have with a 1.6L inline-4 I'm
guessing.

The trunk in back will nicely hold a few Blue and White G3s and the one
in the front will hold about 3 G4 cubes and keyboards.