[geeks] Interesting

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Thu Aug 8 16:14:19 CDT 2002

On Wed, 7 Aug 2002, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> If the projects aren't met, hot dogs are served.  Which I thought
> would suck, but then I read further and noticed that it is the
> leadership team that is doind all the serving, which is kinda cool.

Back at $FACTORY (SCI, for those who must know), they would have an event
like Josh is describing, but they usually tied it to safety. 90 days was
Hot Dogs, 180 days was Pizza, 365 days was barbeque.

And yes, the plant leadership (plant manager all the way down) served the
food. They did thier best to make us feel good about the situation,
despite the fact that some of us knew they were getting profit sharing and
stock, and we didn't.

But when you don't allow the workers to see the apparent benefits of thier
hard work, you get workers who don't care, or are stupid. C'est la vie.

But not for me, anymore.

--
Kris Kirby, KE4AHR  <kris at nospam.catonic.net>  TGIFreeBSD IM: 'KrisBSD'
                    "BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU!"